Do I need a lactation consultant?
If you are searching for lactation consultants, you may already know you need help. If you are still unsure, ask yourself all of the following questions.
- Does it hurt when you nurse your baby?
- Does your baby not latch well? Does your baby come off & on the breast frequently during a feeding? Do you hear clicking & popping while your baby is feeding?
- Does your baby seem to cluster feed all day long? Does your baby not seem satisfied after a feeding?
- Are feedings lasting too long & occurring too frequently?
- Are you experiencing any nipple pain? Do you have cracks or bleeding of the nipples?
- Are you concerned that you are not producing enough milk? Is your infant not gaining weight at checkups? Is your infant not having enough dirty diapers?
- Are you making too much milk? Is your over supply causing difficulty with the latch?
- Are you returning to work & needing help with pumping? Do you have questions about your pump or just about pumping in general?
If you can answer “yes” to any of these, you may want to consider lactation support. Click here to schedule.
Amanda’s areas of lactation experience include:
- Painful latch
- Latch concerns
- Feeding frequency
- Nipple pain (bleeding or cracks)
- Concerns with lip/tongue tie
- Low milk supply
- Oversupply of milk
- Pumping concerns/Returning to work
- Weaning from Nipple Shield
I’m ready to make my appointment. What should I expect?
- Choose a day & time for your appointment
- You will receive an e-mail with a link to the Electronic Medical Record (EMR). Please fill this out prior to the appointment so I can spend more time with you and baby
- Write down any questions you may have
What type of payment do you accept?
- Now accepting: Aetna, United, and Anthem. (Humana coming soon)
- Self-pay is always an option if you have coverage other than the listed above companies.
- If Self-Pay, payment is accepted at time of scheduling.
- FSA/HSA plans are always welcome as payment for any lactation services.
- For any services not covered, I can provide a superbill to submit to your insurance company for possible reimbursement.
During your lactation consult:
- I will review and go over the history of you & baby, and gain an understanding of your lactation challenges & concerns. Depending on how hungry baby is when you arrive, this may come first or last.
- I will observe a feeding & make any suggestions or adjustments to the positioning and latch as necessary
- If necessary, I can assess babies mouth if there are any possible concerns of lip/tongue tie
- After much discussion, I will leave you with a personalized care plan for you to use & reference for the next several days
After your lactation consult:
- I will fax any information necessary to your child’s pediatrician and/or OB
- You will have support from me (via text, e-mail, or phone) for 14 days after our visit to make any adjustments necessary to your care plan
- If a follow up consult is necessary, this is available at a reduced price